Wednesday 10 August 2011

Friday 5th August 2011

When i got up this morning, mummy reminded me that i have a speech therapy session with Lucy, i havent seen Lucy for ages. When we got there, we were a bit early, so we went and had a cake each in the cafeteria there, i had a belgian bun and a glass of milk. It was yummy. Then it was time to go and see Lucy. We waited in the waiting room until she came and got us, mummy reminded me that she would have a lady in there with her, who is learning to do the job that Lucy does. I sat down and at first i was a bit shy, Lucy asked me about my holidays and i started talking to her. Lucy looked at mummy and mummy said 'she's good isn't she' i smiled. Lucy asked what i had been doing, because my speech is lots better. Mummy told her that she had told me that i am my palates teacher and i have been teaching my palate to say things properly. Lucy asked if i could go and help the other children she works with become good teachers hehe. Lucy is really pleased with me. I had to repeat the sentences from her book and at the end, she was amazed at how well i am doing. She spoke to mummy and me and said that she doesn't need to do any more work with me, as far as speech therapy is concerned, i'm finished!! :D that made mummy nearly cry as she wasn't expecting to hear that. Mummy is really proud of me and how well i have done. Lucy said she would see me when i go and have a hearing review in august/september time. She did tell mummy that there is still alot of turbulence when i talk and that air is still coming down my nose. That i might need to have another operation next year, but will see me nearer christmas and talk about it with mummy then.

No comments:

Post a Comment