Thursday 26 May 2011

Tuesday 24th May 2011

On the way to school today, the rubber bit from my horn fell off, i cried and cried and cried. It made me very sad. We looked for it a little bit, but we had to go to school.
Mummy told my teacher that she was going to pick me up early today because i have the speech therapist at 3. When mummy picked me up, Tom was with her, that made me smile. He had a surprise for me, he had bought me another horn :D  that made me very happy. We said bye to him because we were riding our bikes to the hospital, Tom went home to wait for us there. I done really well, mummy was so proud of me, riding our bikes all the way there, well apart from up the big big hill, because we had to walk with our bikes up that. With Lucy, my speech therapist, i had fun, we played games, but at the start she had to do an assessment on my speech. Then mummy and Lucy talked for a little while and then it was time to play games :-) yay.
(From mummy - Lucy told me (mummy) that you (harriet) still had some nasal sounds and turbulence when saying a few things but because i can't hear them and i told her that no-one has ever said they can hear it either, that its not important, she said that only people like her, in that line of work will be able to hear it)
I had to say sentences, they were funny, things like bob is. Then we played a monkey game, where every time i said a word, i could hang a monkey in a tree to see if they would fall off. I done really well in this game, i like that game too
(from mummy - Lucy said you done really well today, the best she has heard you, you were able to blend sounds like 'class' so instead of saying 'cla s' like you were doing before, it sounded like 'class' and you done that with all of the s words, whether it was at the beginning of the word, even in the middle and then at the end, you done so well! Lucy was really pleased with you and so was i)
After we saw Lucy we went and got on our bikes again and then we had to ride home. We rode through the hospital and when we got to one bit, mummy started to tell me that is where people go when they are pregnant and that is where i was born too. A lady was bringing a baby out when we went past too. I told mummy that when we have a baby, me, her and Tom, that we will need to think of names for the baby. I told mummy that i had some names in my head already, she asked me what they were, one was Harry (this is because of Harry potter, which i've never seen, but because of the children at my last nursery were always talking about it, i think i like it) and the other name was Chloe. Then we carried on riding our bikes. When we got home, Tom met us at the shop and then we walked back together, i said the word 'mouse' and he was really pleased with me, mummy told him all about the therapy session and he was really proud of me too. When we got home, mummy and Tom put my funny things on my spokes on my bike, they go up and down on them, making sounds, like click and clack, i like it. Then mummy and Tom put my new horn on, we didn't mess around with it this time, because mummy thinks that is why my other one broke, ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment