Monday 4 April 2011

Friday 1st April 2011

I had to go and see Lucy today (speach therapist) Mummy and Lucy talked at first and Lucy had to phone someone called Miss Lennox, who is the head audiologist. She spoke to her secretary, because mummy had just told Lucy that my hearing has been getting a little worse recently. And that they were supposed to get in touch with us after my 5 year review but never did. I have an appointment with Miss Lennox on Wednesday 13th April, after my pre-assessment. Lucy and mummy were talking and Lucy said she will support the decision of grommets being put in my ears again.
After this, i chose a game and we played some games, i done lots of talking. Lucy told mummy that my school have said i've reached my targets that she had set, but she can hear that i haven't. She didn't seem very happy with my school, either is mummy. I done really well at blending my words, my 's' words. Like 'house, mouse, bus etc' i found it easier if i used a finger and drew a line when i was saying it, it made it smooth instead of 'hou' 'sssss' because that sounds like two seperate words when i do that. Lucy and mummy were really pleased with me. Mummy was asking Lucy if after my operation, will i still need to 'learn' how to say these things, she said yes i would.
When we got to school, mummy told Jules (my teacher) all about my visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment