Thursday 11 November 2010

Friday 17th September 2010

Mummy told me that we aren't going to school first thing, cos i am going to the hospital, to have a camera put up my nose. (before leaving home, mummy had lots of cuddles with tom, cos she was worried about how i would be) Mummy reminded me that daddy was coming too. On the way to the hospital on the bus i was fine, happy and talking. When we got there, i was asking where daddy was and mummy said she didn't know. We went into the waiting room and i played til my name was called. When we were taken in to a room, a man called mr goodacre (mummy said that this is the man who repaired my cleft palate when i was 6months old) He was asking where the chocolate buttons were, and then he had to get some money out of his pocket to give the nurse, so she could go and get me some. When she came back, he then told me that he would spray something up my nose and that it didn't taste very nice, but i could have a chocolate button. He sprayed it up my nose and i cried, lots. Mummy gave me a cuddle and mr goodacre gave me one, then two and then three buttons hehe. I then calmed down, cos i couldn't taste it anymore. Mr goodacre showed me a long tube with a camera at the end, it was so tiny. Then he told me that it was going to go up my nose now (mummy had talked to me about this so i knew what to expect and was looking forward to seeing my throat on the tv) when he put it up my nose, i cried lots, i wanted cuddles with mummy, but had to sit still, cos the tube was up my nose. Mummy had to try really really hard not to cry as she gave me cuddles from her seat, she was talking to me, reminding me that i had been looking forward to seeing my throat, she pointed to the tv and i started to calm down, then looked at the screen. Mr goodacre then pointed to it and told me that it was my throat. When i had calmed down, he asked me to say some words and when i said them, i made my throat move, i watched it on the screen, it made me laugh. Then because i had been crying, when i said one word, a bubble started in my throat and then popped on the camera, i thought that was funny. When i had said everything i needed to, mr goodacre took the camera out and then gave me some more buttons. He sat there and started to talk to mummy.
(i was too busy eating buttons when he was talking to mummy)
He told  mummy that i will need to have another operation as i still have a small hole in my palate, which is why it sounds like there is air escaping when i say 's, f, sh, p' he said i have done really well up to now, not to need surgery before as i have a small soft palate so he is really pleased with me, this made mummy feel very proud. He asked where my daddy was and mummy said he was supposed to be coming to the appointment and she didn't know where he was. He told mummy that it will be 3-4 months for the operation. Mummy had to try really hard not to cry when he was talking to her. When we left, mummy bought me a sausage roll from the shop and we got a bus to go to my school. (mummy had to keep wiping her eyes when she was on the bus, cos she was crying but didn't want me to see) at school, mummy told my teacher how brave i had been and that i would need another operation.
(mummy done really well and didn't cry all day, and didn't cry in front of me once, she waited for me to go to bed and for tom to come home, then she cried lots and had lots of cuddles with tom, that made her feel better)

No comments:

Post a Comment