Saturday 13 November 2010

Tuesday 19th October 2010

I went to school, just for a little while this morning and then mummy had to pick me up cos i had a hearing test at the hospital. We had to walk to the bus stop, which i only moaned at a little bit and then the bus didn't take very long to get there. When we got off of the bus, we rushed in to the hospital cos it was cold and we went up the lift. In the ENT bit in the hospital i went and played and mummy told the lady behind the desk that we were there. I like playing at the hospital (i go there quite a bit) a man came out and said my name, i heard him and we followed him down a corridor. We went in to a special room, when you shut the doors, it goes all quiet. Mummy sat very quietly and the man showed me some toys and i got to choose which ones i wanted to play with.  I chose the animals and the hoops. The man told me that i was going to hear a sound and when i did, i had to put a hoop on the stick. I listened and when i heard it, i put it straight on, he was very pleased with me. Then i had to wear special head phones, so only i can hear the sounds. I listened really carefully and i put a hoop on every time i heard a sound, the man kept saying well done harriet, every time i heard it. Then when we had done all the hoops, we chose to have all of the orange animals, i helped the man sort them out and then i had to listen again. Every time i heard a sound i had to make an animal jump in to the box. I heard all of the sounds and he said i had done really well. After i had put all of the animals in the box, the man went to get a special machine that he put in my ears, he pressed a button and said it would tickle a little bit, then we had a look and the machine drew a picture, i had a mountain for each ear. Then the man told us that we could go back to the waiting room and wait for my name to be called again. I skipped back to the waiting room and started playing in the play house, i made a friend with a little girl and we played until i heard my name again, we had to go and see a lady called miss lennox and lucy, my speech therapist was there too. Miss Lennox wanted to look in my ears, she put a special thing in my ear and had a look to see if i had glue ear, she saw that i had scars on my ears, from when i had grommets put in when i was 1. She told mummy that my ears were really good and that my hearing was very good too, that i wouldn't need to go back to see her for another year, which is the longest i haven't had to have a hearing test for  :-D although i do have to go back when i am 5 for an audit, which includes a hearing test.

I got a cake and a roll to eat on the bus and we went back to school, i told my teacher all about my hospital appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment