Saturday 13 November 2010

Sunday 24th October 2010

I woke up all excited today, mummy told me yesterday that we can go to the park and i can practice on my new bike (no stabilisers) When tom went to work, we went on the bus to cowley centre to get some shopping, i didn't mind doing this cos i knew we were going to the park. When we got home, mummy cooked a yummy roast dinner, i don't like chicken, so just ate vegetables and pudding (yorkshire-but i call it pudding) i ate all my dinner (mainly cos mummy said i had to if i wanted to go to the park. We watched Racing Stripes too, it was funny, a zebra that thought he was a horse, i liked that.

Then we were ready to go, i started jumping and saying woohoo. I bought my bike in (it's still in my bedroom) and then got my cycle helmet on ready, mummy got my coat and her new camera and we were ready. Mummy had to carry the bike down the stairs as there are lots of them. When we got outside, i pushed my bike, i called it harry and said it was a boy, then changed my mind and wanted it to be a girl. On the way to the park, i kept laughing telling mummy that the peddles kept hitting my leg, it done it lots of times and mummy asked if i was sure i wanted to walk all the way to the park, i was sure. We carried on walking, the peddles kept hitting me, then i could see the park, we were nearly there. Mummy took a picture of me pushing my bike and then we were there :) when we got in the park, mummy held my bike still and let me climb on it, she held it while i put my feet on the peddles and then told me to peddle and steer, she held on to me as i moved. I kept going round in circles and then fell off, i got back on and done it again, still going in circles. Mummy told me to stop watching the people and to look ahead, i told her 'but they have a dog, look its so cute' so mummy had to tell me to look ahead otherwise i would keep going round in circles.  We laughed lots cos i kept going in circles, or i fell off or i just stopped peddling, it was a good job mummy never let me go. She did let me go for a few seconds twice and i got cross with her, but was also pleased that i had done it for a little time by myself. Mummy asked if i would like a break and go to the park to play, i did, cos it was really tiring all that cycling. I played on the swings and slide, and went up a rope ladder, got to the top and said 'mummy, i need your help, i can't get down, my thumb is scared' mummy laughed and said 'you're thumb?' i laughed and said 'silly me, i'm scared' so mummy helped me down. Then we noticed that it had got quite dark (it was 6pm) we decided to go home and try and ride my bike another day. On the way home, i was scared, i kept saying 'stay near me' (mummy was inches away from me anyway) it was really dark, but the street lights were on, so it wasn't too bad. When mummy asked me why i was scared, i said 'the cars are monsters, the motorbikes are ghosts and bikes are just bikes' mummy laughed at me and i laughed too. We got home and it was nice and warm at home, even though our heating isn't working still. I had milk and biscuits and then it was my bed time and i was very tired. Mummy read me a story and i fell asleep within 5 minutes of her finishing it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment